Organising and overseeing the election process in Bihar is part of the responsibilities of the CEO Bihar. The Chief Executive Officer of Bihar’s office is under the supervision of the Electoral Commission of India. The task of the Chief Electoral Officer is overseeing of the activities required for processing the By and General elections.
This process involves that the CEO should update and prepare Electoral Rolls, prepare the polling stations, make sure of voter’s enlightenment, prepare the issuance of elector’s photo identity card, mode of conduct implementation and follow the laws of election and instructions of India’s Election Commission regularly.
How To Check Your Name In CEO Bihar Voters List Online
CEO Bihar voters lists contains the name of all the people that have successfully registered for as a voter in Bihar. It is necessary to confirm the eligibility of voters before the D-Day. Therefore, you need to check your name on CEO Bihar voters list. If you want to check your name in CEO Bihar voters list, follow the following steps:
- The first thing you need to do is visit the website of CEO Bihar.
- When you get to the site, move your cursor to the left side of the page and click on, the tab which says, “Search in e-roll”.
- After clicking, it will show a flowchart with the enrollment option and search option. If you have not yet enrolled, you can enrol by click on the enrollment option. If you have, you can go on to search.
- Under the search, you have the “search in PDF” and “search in e-roll” option. If you want to check the pdf, click on the former, and click on the latter to search. When you should click on “search in e-roll” box in the chart.
- This will redirect you to a new page, where you will have to fill your details. The page consist of options like state, district, name, constituency, part number, voter ID, age and gender. You will also need to fill in a CAPTCHA to verify your human identity. Also, this page allows you the option to choose to view it either in English or Hindi.
In addition, it is advisable to view the page with Internet explorer 6.0 or higher. If you can’t find your name in the draft E-roll, you should contact concerned E.R.O.
Since not everyone has the luxury to get Internet connection, an easier method to check your name on the CEO Bihar Voters List Online is through SMS. But this method is not for people without Internet connection alone, even people without Internet connection can use it I’d they do not want to go through the Internet. You can access the information through SMS by texting ELE <space> 10 digit <Voter Id No.>& sending it to 56677.
How to check and download your Voter ID status
After applying for your voter ID card, you are under an entitlement to check your voter ID status. But first, you will have to make sure that you have registered your name as a voter. If you have not registered, follow these steps to register:
- Visit the website of CEO Bihar.
- When you get to the website, move your cursor to the top menu and click on the tab which says, “Citizen Services/ Online Registration”.
- After clicking on it, it will redirect you to a new page. On this page, you will need to fill in some of your details.
- You will also need to fill in some forms to complete your registration.
- After filling your details, click on register.
Note that this page is also where already registered voters can make corrections to any mistakes made during the registration process. For the already registered voters that want to correct some details, they will have to click on the forms where they want to make corrections. Also, they need to read the instructions before filling the forms.
As for the registered voters who want to check their ID. You can check your voter ID status through the following steps:
- Visit the website of CEO Bihar
- Move your cursor to the left side and click on the tab which says, “search in e-roll”.
- After clicking, it will show a flowchart with the enrollment option and search option. Under the search option you have the “search in PDF” and “search in e-roll” option.
- Click on “search in E-roll”. After clicking on it, it will redirect you to a page where you have to fill in your details. The details required are state, district, name, constituency, part number, voter ID, age and gender. You will also need to fill in a captcha to verify your human identity.
- After submitting your details, the page will diaplay your voter ID status.
Furthermore, printing your voter ID is a continuation of the checking process. At the bottom of your voter ID displayed on the page is a print button. Click on the print button to download your voter ID.
Below are some of the things you should note while checking and printing your voter ID:
- Your voter ID details will only show up after verification.
- all the fields are important. Only the ones marked with asterisk are compulsory.
- You can always use the help tab at the right side of the page when you get trapped.
- You need an adobe reader or its equivalent to view the downloaded voter ID status.
- Always fill in correct information.
However, you will see that steps involved are similar to the that of How To Check Your Name In CEO Bihar Voters List Online above.
How to download PDF Electoral rolls
We have explained how you can search for your name in the CEO Bihar lists online. But, you might want to keep the list for future use, so as to check for a family or friend. To do that, you need to download the PDF version of the electoral rolls. Follow the steps below to download the PDF electoral rolls.
- Visit the Official Site of CEO Bihar.
- When you get to the website, move your cursor to the left and click on the “search on e-roll” tab.
- When you click on it, it will show you a page with a flow chart. The flowchart include the search and enrollment tab. Under the search tab is “search in PDF” and “search in E-roll “. Since our interest is downloading the PDF, you click on “search in PDF” tab.
- After clicking on “search in PDF”, you will see a page with the link text, “VIEW FINAL ROLL IN PDF FORMAT PUBLICATION DATE 10-01-2017.” Click on the link text, and it will redirect you to a new page.
Note that the date in the link text is subject to change as the PDF rolls experience updates.
- On the new page, there is a requirement for you to choose your assembly segment and part number.
- After choosing it, you should click on view and the PDF will be automatically downloaded.
Note that you need an adobe reader or its equivalent on your device to view the PDF. The steps above will aid voters but do not hesitate to use the help button whenever you get stuck.